On 29th September the Valencia Institute of Construction (IVE), project partner of BUS-GoCircular, participated in the webinar “Contribution of Architecture to the Circular Economy” organised by the Chair of Circular Architecture of the University Jaume I (Spain). Experts in the field provided their valuable point of view, presenting a diverse perspective on the future of architecture and its relevant role in achieving sustainable development and the consolidation of the Circular Economy.
Vera Valero, architect at IVE and expert in circular economy, introduced the “Circular strategies in the construction sector”. During her speech she developed the following pillars on which a circular construction should be based:
- Extending the useful life of buildings, their components and materials as much as possible.
- Use of recycled, recyclable and bio-based materials and components.
- More efficient waste management that allows for reuse.
- Minimise energy consumption and maximise the use of renewable energy.
- Reduce water consumption and reuse as much as possible.
- All of this without harming the wellbeing of the people who live in the buildings.
She also presented the research projects in which the IVE participates based on circular economy among which are currently: BUS-GoCircular, Drive0 and REDUCES.